When an employee leaves the company for whatever reason, to no longer show them as an active employee in Sage HR you need to terminate them.
📎NOTE: Only an administrator can follow these steps.
- Go onto the relevant employee's profile. By default you are on the EMPLOYEE tab of the profile menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Bottom right, click TERMINATE.
- Enter the date they left the company.
- Select a reason.
- If required, enter any additional comments.
- Click TERMINATE.
The employee now no longer shows as an active employee. They show in your terminated employees report which you are automatically taken to after you click TERMINATE. Here you can re-hire them if they were terminated by accident or they return to the company. If you you are sure you no longer want any record of the employee any more, you can delete them.
⚠️CAUTION: If you delete an employee you cannot re-hire them. You will have to manually add them again.