Once you set up your employee data, you assign access levels to your employees.
User access levels
The access levels determine what your employees can see and do, when they sign in to Sage HR.
There are three access levels:
Assign access levels to your employees
- Click Company, then on the Directory tab, click the relevant employee.
- From the Access level drop-down, select Employee, Accountant or Administrator.
- Click SAVE.
These settings allow you to tailor the different access levels.
- Click your sign in name in the top right-hand corner.
- Click Settings, on the General task bar, click Permissions.
There are five different permissions groups:
These permissions settings apply to all employees, including admin users.
These settings allow you to control whether employees can see all team calendars, or just their own team, when they can request time off. You can choose what details they can change on their employee record.
Here you can view any employees with administrator access rights and enable or disable access to Settings.
By default, the first user who creates your Sage HR account has administrator access rights. An administrator can see all fields, edit all fields, and do everything in Sage HR.
Team manager permissions
Employees in this group have access to their team member information.
There are two types of managers:
- Team managers - based on Teams Settings. These employees are managers to one or multiple teams, and can access all employees in their teams.
- Direct managers - based on Org chart. This person has subordinates on the Org chart structure and can access all employees who are one level directly under them.
These are the settings you can choose to enable or disable for employee permissions and what they can see and do in Sage HR.
Accountant permissions - only available with Leave Management
Employees in this group can access time off and timesheets reports.