When you set up Leave Management, there is the possibility that you have employees who have already taken time off before you set up, which currently does not show in your Sage HR.
Rather than manually add and approve time off requests for historical dates as a way to enter historical leave, you can change the time off balance of an employee. This helps accurately show how much holiday an employee has left to use this year.
📎NOTE: These steps only apply to time off policies that are set to accrue.
Change time off available balances
Only employees with administrator access can follow these steps:
- Click on your name on the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu, click TIME OFF, then click Individual allowances.
- Click on the employee's name that you would like to adjust remaining leave for. You can use Location and Team to help filter the employees.
- The Time off summary informs you how much leave is available for each time off policy the employee is eligible for. Click CHANGE BALANCE.
- Ensure the correct employee is selected.
- Select the leave type that needs to be adjusted.
- Select the amount of days off the employee has already used. If part days have been taken enter the amount as a decimal.
- Under Action, make sure to select Decrease.
- Leave the transaction date as it is.
- Click RECORD TRANSACTION.
- Look at Time off summary to see the available amount for that leave policy has now changed.
Below is an example of a Time off summary and Time off details after time off balances have been changed.
If you look at Time off details:
- Yearly allowance stays the same
- Manual transactions now say e.g -14 if you chose to decrease two days, seven working hours each
- Available says the same as the number in Time off summary
For further help on set up, go to our Welcome hub.