You can create training events in Sage HR which you employees choose to attend to help with their working skills or personal development.
- Logged in as an admin or training administrator, click on your name on the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu, click EMPLOYEE DATA, then click Training events.
On this page you can:
- Allow employees to request tickets even when an event is full
- Add training event categories
- Add training events
Allow employees to request tickets
Just select the option at the top of the page. This allows employees to be placed into a waiting list for the training event. Once selected, click SAVE.
Add training event categories
You can create categories for training events
📎NOTE: These are separate to training types.
- Click ADD CATEGORY.
- Enter a name for the category.
- If required, select to notify employees by email a certain number of days before the due date, and enter the amount.
- Click SAVE.
📌TIP: To edit a training category click on the pencil icon. To delete a training category click on the rubbish bin icon.
Add a training event
- Click ADD EVENT.
- Enter a title.
- Enter a description of the event.
- If required, you can add an image. Click SELECT IMAGE the browse to the image then click Open.
- Select a training event category.
- Enter date, start time and an end time.
- If required you can click on the ➕ to add another date or another time on the same day. For example, the event maybe one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon.
- Enter a location.
- Enter the capacity for the event.
- If required. select whether you want the training event to require approval from a direct manager.
11. When done, scroll down to the bottom and click ADD.
12. Select whether everyone can attend this event, or just specific employees. If specific employees, select which ones.
13. Once done, click SAVE.
Once created training events will show under Training events. You can filter them by categories or to show upcoming events, past events or all events.
If you click on the three dots on a training event this is where you can amend eligibility i.e who can attend, edit the event, export it to an Excel spreadsheet, view a changelog than lists any changes that have been made, and delete the event if necessary.