Some businesses let employees roll over some or all of their unused annual leave to use in the next year. In Sage HR it is possible to set up a time off policy to allow unused time off to be carried over.
📎NOTE: If you configure these settings you must make sure all pending time off requests for the current year are approved or declined before the end of the year.
- Click on your name on the top right.
- Click Settings.
- On the settings menu, click TIME OFF.
- Click Policies, then select the SETTINGS button of the relevant policy.
- On the drop down next to Unused time select carry over.
- If you only want an employee to be able to carry a certain amount of unused annual leave, enter a maximum amount in hours.
📌TIP: Look at what the default working hours in General is if you want to work it out in days. For example, with a 7 hour working day, allowing carrying over 5 days of annual leave, you would enter a maximum of 35 hours.
- You can set an expiry date to use carried over annual leave. It is done in months and ranges from never to 12 months.
🔧EXAMPLE: In the example above has been to allow an employee to carry over up to a maximum of five days of unused leave which can be used at anytime during the next year. However after that carried over unused leave cannot be carried over again as it expires after 12 months i.e the end of the year.
7. Once you have finalised your settings, scroll down and click SAVE.
📎NOTE: You can view this carried over time off in each employee’s profile:
- Employee profile > TIME OFF
- REPORTS > TIME OFF > Time off status report.
📌TIP: You can manually edit carried over time off for an employee - Read more >