This article runs through how to enable Announcements if it is currently disabled, and how to configure its settings once enabled.
📎NOTE To set up Announcements you will require admin-level access to Announcements functionality OR admin-level access to Sage HR account
- Click your name in the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu click ANNOUNCEMENTS, then click General.
Here you see the following simple controls:
- Show Announcements - This checkbox controls whether Announcements feed is visible in the main menu for all employees with any level of access. Published Announcements are saved even if the feed is disabled and will be there when enabled again.
📌TIP: If Announcements feature is enabled, you can limit it to Administrators. This is handy if you'd like to create a bit of content prior opening the access to wide audience of employees.
- Announcements administrators - This field allows you to select users who you want to have access to the Announcements settings, to draft announcements, and be able to add new posts and edit existing ones. Administrators can also delete comments under the published Announcements.
- Reactions allow selecting up to five emojis that can be used to react to each published Announcement.
Announcements are grouped by a topic which can then be used as a Filter on the newsfeed. By default there are five topics:
- New joiners
- Your action required
- Breaking news
- Company news
You can add more topics by clicking ADD NEW, and edit the existing ones by clicking on the pencil icon.
Topics can be ordered by dragging them using the arrows icon. The order of Topics in the table influence the order in which topics appear on top of the newsfeed.