Locations can be used for a number of purposes to group where your employees work, and are useful for running reports.
If your company has offices in different parts of the country, locations could be - Newcastle and London.
Or, perhaps your company operates in different countries, locations could be Barcelona and Paris.
Locations to represent parts of your business
Useful for grouping employees and for running reports, locations could be Sales and Services, made up of various teams, or could relate to different parts of a building you work in. For example, different floors etc.
📎NOTE: In Sage HR, locations are not related to teams and don't impact them in anyway.
Add a location and assign to an employee
- Click your name in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
- On the General settings menu, click EMPLOYEE DATA.
- Click Locations, then click ADD NEW.
- In the Title, enter the location name.
- If relevant, select the Use as the default employee location check box.
- Click ADD, next to the relevant location, click ELIGIBILITY.
- Select the relevant employees, then click SAVE.