It is understandable to overlook some incoming prompts on a busy day. However, there is always someone waiting for a reply, which can be urgent.
To help with getting these replies for time off requests, there is a feature in Sage HR to allow automatic email notifications that are sent to your time off approver's inbox as a reminder of the request.
📎NOTE: E-mail reminders are be enabled by default. However, if your account has been created before 22 Nov 2019 you will have to enable it manually following the steps below.
Set up email reminders
📎NOTE: To enable configure this feature you will require a user with Administrator-level access
- Click on your name in top-right corner, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu, click TIME OFF, then click Time off approvers.
- Scroll down to the bottom to the Reminders section.
- Select Send a reminder email to approvers who have unapproved time off requests.
5. This then shows additional configuration options. Here you can specify:
- Days of the week when emails will send
- A time when the emails will go out on each day. This is according to the timezone set up for your account in general settings.
- Don’t send reminders while the approver is away on following policies - if an approver is off using this policy, reminders won't be sent if entered into this field. This is useful to avoid cluttering for some particular leave types.
📎NOTE: The first reminder email will not go out earlier than the next day after the pending time off was requested.
📎NOTE: The reminder emails might take some extra time to arrive into your inbox. If set up to trigger at 15:45 (3:45PM), the email might actually arrive at 15:50 (3:50PM) or later. This is occasioned by the route the emails takes through the mail servers, and the number of reminders.