For employees to succeed and get the most out of their ability, training is important. In Sage HR you can add what training an employee needs, or even allow employees to add themselves what training they need. Before you can do this you need to configure your training settings.
- Logged in as an admin or training administrator, click on your name on the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu, click EMPLOYEE DATA, then click Training.
On this page you can:
- Allow employees to add or edit trainings
- Add training administrators
- Add training types
- Add payment types
Allow employees to add or edit training
Simply select Allow employees to add & edit trainings, then click SAVE
Employees you assign as training administrators can access Training and Training events under EMPLOYEE DATA in the Settings menu. They can manage all aspects related to training.
📎NOTE: They cannot access any other sections in Settings.
- Click on the space under Training administrators.
- You can either scroll or enter the name and search for the relevant employee.
3. Once selected, click SAVE.
Add Training types
Training types help you to categorise what kind of training it is than an employee needs. An example of a training type could be an online course, or onsite training by an expert etc.
- To add a training type, under Training types, click ADD TRAINING TYPE.
- Enter a name for the new training type
- Select the payment type for the training type.
- If required, you can select to notify employees a certain number of days before the due date of training.
5. When finished, click ADD.
📌TIP: To edit a training type click on the pencil icon next to it. To delete a training type click on the rubbish bin icon.
Add payment type
Payment types are the different ways training is paid by. For example, by company credit card or cash etc.
- Under Payment types, click ADD PAYMENT TYPE.
- Enter a title for the payment type.
- Select what type of approval the payment type needs.
- If required, select whether you want to send an email to a specific person when training is approved. If selected, enter the relevant email address.
- If required, select if you want a task to be created for an employee when training is approved, then enter what the task is, and enter a deadline.
- If required, select to make Costs a mandatory field for the payment type when someone adds training.
7. When finished, click ADD.
📌TIP: To edit a payment type click on the pencil icon next to it. To delete a training type click on the rubbish bin icon.