Once you have downloaded and completed your import template, you are ready to import this date into Sage HR.
📎NOTE: If you have Sage 50cloud Payroll integrated with Sage HR to upload payslips to Sage HR you cannot import details this way. You must contact us via the speech bubble on the bottom right and we will explain how to get this sorted.
On the main menu, click Company, then click Import.
- Click SELECT FILE and locate and select your Excel import file.
- Click Open, then click IMPORT.
- Allow time for your employee details to show in Sage HR.
📎NOTE: Employees aren’t invited at this stage. You only send out welcome emails to your employees once you have set everything up.
Check your imported data
- On the main menu, click Reports, then Employee Data.
- Click Custom reports, then click NEW.
- In the title enter Employee data.
- Select the fields to include in this report.
- Click Save.
- Check the details of your employees are correct.
⚠️CAUTION: Please make sure especially that the email address is correct.
📌TIP: Use our Sage HR Employee Import Checklist - Read more >
Correct any mistakes
If you spot a mistake or spelling mistake, you should correct it at this stage:
- Click the first name of the relevant employee.
- Correct the relevant information then, click SAVE.