In Sage HR you can provide your employees with a choice regarding their overtime hours when they enter and submit their timesheets.
You can allow your employees to opt in for additional time off in exchange of worked overtime hours (time owed in lieu) - or ask for these hours to be paid out. It is also possible for employees to split their overtime hours so that part of them are paid out, and the rest accrued as time off i.e. time owed in lieu (TOIL).
📌TIP: If you have created a specific TOIL time off policy, this would be an ideal time off policy to select for overtime hours to be moved to. However, it can be any time off policy you have created.
What do I need to set it up?
- A list of configured time off policies in the Leave Management module.
- A Sage HR user with administrator rights OR a user with timesheet administrator rights.
- Click on your name on the top right, then click Settings.
- On the settings menu, click TIMESHEETS, then click Overtime.
- Under Allow employees to move overtime to time off policy, select the relevant time off policy from the drop-down list e.g TOIL. This policy will receive overworked hours from employees for further usage.
- Once you select a time off policy, you must decide whether you want an employee to be able to select how many hours they want to be paid and how many they want to move to a selected policy. To allow this split, select the second option.
5. Once you have chosen your settings, click SAVE.
📌TIP: For more information on setting up overtime - Read more >
How does this look for an employee?
If an employee has logged some overtime into a timesheet that they are submitting, the system will behave based on active selection in a setting you configured above:
If 'Allow to give only to selected policy' is enabled
When a submitted timesheet is approved, employees' overtime hours are converted into hours or days. in a time off policy which has been specified in the settings.
If 'Allow to split between paying with salary & give to selected policy' is enabled
When submitting a timesheet, employees can specify how many hours are to be paid out and how many are to be moved into a selected policy - as shown on a screenshot below.
Submitting a timesheet notifies their timesheet approver. This Approver receives a notification and can view, and even override the distribution of hours before approval - see the screenshot below.
Can I get a report that shows hours moved by my employee?
Yes. Once settings are enabled, all hours moved to a time off policy are observable in a timesheet export. This export can be found at the bottom of every timesheet.
Below is an example of how the export looks like.