⚠️CAUTION: These steps are for if you have Sage HR integrated with Sage 50cloud Payroll to upload payslips to Sage HR. If you don't, to change or correct an employee's email address please follow these alternative steps - Read more >
If an employee changes their email address for Sage HR Online Services, or you need to correct it, then you must follow the three sections below.
Step 1 - Terminate and delete the employee in Sage HR Online Services
- Open Sage 50cloud Payroll.
- Click Company, then Online Services Settings.
- Next to step 6, click Go to portal.
- Enter you email address, then click CONTINUE TO SIGN IN.
- Enter your password, then click Log In.
- Go to employee's profile and scroll to the bottom of the page, click TERMINATE.
When the employee is terminated, the Terminated employees report appears.
- Click on the delete icon 🗑️ next to the terminated employee.
This does NOT effect your employee record in Sage 50cloud Payroll.
📎NOTE: To remove the record setup up with the incorrect email address in your payslips portal, you must click both Terminate and the delete button 🗑️
Step 2 - Inform Sage 50cloud Payroll Customer Services
When you next upload payslips, the employee record uploads to Sage HR Online Services using the change of email address.
However, before you upload payslips, Sage 50cloud Payroll Customer Services needs to remove the employee entirely from the online system.
Please complete this form to request Sage 50cloud Payroll Customer Services to do this:
You need to provide your account number, company name and the name of the employee(s) you want to remove.
Requests are typically actioned within 1 full working day.
📎NOTE: Once your request has been actioned, you will receive an automatic email confirming the status of your request.
If your request cannot be completed, then you will be notified of any errors along with next steps to take.
If your request has been actioned successfully, please refer to the next section.
If after 1 full working day you have not received a response, you should either resubmit your request or contact Sage 50cloud Payroll technical support for further guidance.
Step 3 - Enter the correct email address and upload payslips
📎NOTE: This must be done in Sage 50cloud Payroll, not Sage HR. If you require support with this step please contact Sage 50cloud Payroll support.
- In Sage 50cloud Payroll, open the relevant employee record, then click the Analysis tab.
- In the Online Services section, enter the correct email address and click Save.
- Upload historical payslips from Sage 50cloud payroll.
A welcome email is sent to the employee's new email address, inviting them to sign up for online services.
📎NOTE: If you do not see emails in the inbox, check the spam/junk folder and also ensure your email security does not block the email address: [email protected]