⚠️CAUTION: These steps are for if you have Sage HR integrated with Sage 50cloud Payroll to upload payslips to Sage HR. If you don't, to change or correct an employee's email address please follow these alternative steps - Read more >
If an employee changes their email address for Sage HR Online Services, or you need to correct it, then you must follow the three sections below.
Step 1 - Terminate and delete the employee in Sage HR Online Services
- Open Sage 50cloud Payroll.
- Click Company, then Online Services Settings.
- Next to step 6, click Go to portal.
- Enter you email address, then click CONTINUE TO SIGN IN.
- Enter your password, then click Log In.
- Go to employee's profile and scroll to the bottom of the page, click TERMINATE.
When the employee is terminated, the Terminated employees report appears.
- Click on the delete icon 🗑️ next to the terminated employee.
This does NOT effect your employee record in Sage 50cloud Payroll.
📎NOTE: To remove the record setup up with the incorrect email address in your payslips portal, you must click both Terminate and the delete button 🗑️
Step 2 - Inform Payroll Customer Services
When you next upload payslips, the employee record uploads to Sage HR Online Services using the change of email address.
However, before you upload payslips, Sage Customer Services needs to remove the employee entirely from the online system.
Please complete this form to request Sage Customer Services to do this:
You need to provide your account number, company name and the name of the employee(s) you want to remove.
📎NOTE: There is a 1 working day turn around for this process. If the employee doesn't appear in the portal with the new email address after 1 working day since you submitted the form and you corrected the email address in Sage 50cloud Payroll, you can contact our Sage Payroll experts on Q&A Live who will reply within minutes, if not seconds.
Step 3 - Enter the correct email address and upload payslips
📎NOTE: If you require support with this step please contact Sage 50cloud Payroll support.
- In Sage 50cloud Payroll, open the relevant employee record, then click the Analysis tab.
- In the Online Services section, enter the correct email address and click Save.
- Upload historical payslips from Sage 50cloud payroll.
A welcome email is sent to the employee's new email address, inviting them to sign up for online services.
📎NOTE: If you do not see emails in the inbox, check the spam/junk folder and also ensure your email security does not block the email address: [email protected]