Tasks are a useful way to communicate to colleagues that something needs to be done. Sometimes in Sage HR when you use certain features, it automatically creates a task, for example, when someone submits a time off request, a task is created for their time off approver. However, if there is a specific task you want to create for an individual or multiple employees, you can do so.
Add a task
- On the top right click on the +.
- Click New task.
- Select to assign the task to either a Specific employee or to Multiple employees.
- Once you have selected your employee(s), give the task a title, and if required enter a description too.
- If required, select a deadline date.
- If required, select Require attachment - When enabled, this task can only be completed by attaching a document. This document will be linked to this task and also will appear under Documents.
- If required, select whether you want to be notified by email when the task has been completed.
- If required, select whether you want to notify the employee by email that they have a new task.
- Click ADD.
Below is an example of a task being created.
Once a task has been created it will show in the employee's Dashboard in My tasks.
Edit a task
Sometimes you may want to edit a task, for example to change a deadline date for it. This can be done, but only by someone with administrator access.
- On the top left search for the employee who has the task that needs editing.
- Go onto their profile and on the profile menu click TASKS.
- Alongside the task click on the pencil icon.
- You can amend the title, description, deadline date, and/or select or de-select whether you want it to require an attachment.
- Once done, click SAVE.